Welcome!

A
big sparkly hello and welcome to my blog! I design and make Wedding Stationery www.katelewisdesign.co.uk
My blog is a little bit 'higgledypiggledy' (and no doubt full of spelling mistakes) but I see this as my digital sketchbook - disorganised, but a little bit special! Within my blog there is a lot of wedding loveliness and plenty of fabulous things & people that I love!
I hope you enjoy my ramblings.......love Kate x

Friday 27 April 2012

Friday Feature! Becky Broome



My Friday Feature today is Becky Broome. I first came across Becky on Twitter and after a sneak peak at her website was amazed by her designs!



  • About you......who you are, what you like, what you don’t like…. Basically anything you want to share

Hello!  I’m Becky, I’m 25 years old and I run BeckyBroome Ltd.  I love going on holiday, reading my Kindle and walking in the Lake District.  Dislikes ... mmm .... miserable weather!!



  • About your company......when, why and how you started, what your company does and why it does it best, where can we find you?


I design and hand print homewares and kitchen textiles which are all made in Britain.  Literally the week I finished university, even before my graduation, I started researching and setting up my business.  That was in 2009.  It took until February 2010 to get the first batch of stock and I did my first trade show in July of that year.  The full range can be found on http://www.beckybroome.com you can also find Becky on Twitter



  • What or who inspires you?

My family has been by far the biggest inspiration.  Nearly every member of my family runs their own business.  Being around business growing up means it’s in my blood.

I also find inspiration in my surroundings so I am inspired when I’m travelling or even just out in the countryside with fresh air and some space to think!  Flicking through magazines, looking at interior spaces and scouring internet blogs can be really influential too.



  • Top 3 on your wish list right now?

1.      A holiday!
2.      A holiday!
3.      A holiday!


  • Tell us your best/ funniest joke…………go on its Friday!

Here goes ...

What do you get when you cross a parrot with a centipede?
A walkie-talkie!


  • What do you have planned for this weekend?

I’m off to the Cotswold’s for a friend’s wedding and then it’s my brother-in-law’s 30th birthday on Sunday!


  • Finally (thank Chrunchie) what give’s you that ‘Friday-Feeling’?

Just knowing that it’s the weekend means that I can really relax and enjoy my Friday night.  Normally I will cook a really beautiful meal and spend time with my family.  


I'd like to say a huge "thank you" to Becky for sharing all of this with us. I hope you have fallen in love with her beautiful designs too! If so you can find all of her designs on her website

Happy weekend all
Love Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts on this blog post! (But please do not advertise your own product or company it really is just bad manners!!)
Love Kate x