Welcome!

A
big sparkly hello and welcome to my blog! I design and make Wedding Stationery www.katelewisdesign.co.uk
My blog is a little bit 'higgledypiggledy' (and no doubt full of spelling mistakes) but I see this as my digital sketchbook - disorganised, but a little bit special! Within my blog there is a lot of wedding loveliness and plenty of fabulous things & people that I love!
I hope you enjoy my ramblings.......love Kate x

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Wedding Wonder of the Week: Tiny Gems



Good morning! To cheer us all up on another dreary September morning I have a real sparkly 'gem' to share with you......


......I'm so excited to introduce Sarah from Tiny-Gems who is this weeks "Wedding Wonder of the Week". I first came across Sarah on Twitter and she is one of my favourite people in Twitterland, always so happy, helpful and of course sparkly! 
I will stop waffling now and let you read a bit about Tiny-Gems.....





  • Tell me a bit about yourself and your company.
I’ve always loved anything craft related and used to make jewellery as a hobby. When I was made redundant from the banking industry having worked in it for many years I thought that it was the perfect opportunity to turn my passion into my occupation so I did it and haven’t looked back once. It was the best decision I have ever made.
Betty Blue

  • Are you married and if so will you share some of your details?
Yes, I’ve been married for 3 years, we got married at the beautiful Seiont Manor one of the hotels in the handpicked hotels range. Their hotels are all stunning we choose Seiont Manor as we have had many happy weekends there and loved everything about it from the rooms to the amazing restaurant. My husband wanted both of his nans to be able to enjoy our wedding and Seiont made this possible with their lovely helpful staff and accessible rooms. The day was perfect in every way it was a very intimate wedding with all our family around us and was exactly what we wanted in every way.
Hermione Slide

  • What attracted you to working in the wedding industry?
I’ve always loved weddings and as a little girl I had a sketch pad that was full of wedding dress designs I used to draw and design wedding dresses and accessories and always wanted my own wedding shop. Then I started working and kind of drifted away from my dreams, then when I started selling my jewellery and heirloom bouquets I naturally leaned towards the wedding industry as that is where my true love lies. It is such an amazing industry, making peoples dreams come true is the best job in the world.

  • What is your favourite part of working with bride & grooms (to-be)?
This has to be when I am commissioned to make a bespoke heirloom bouquet and or wedding jewellery for a wedding. Discussing with the bride the vision for her day and seeing her image come into reality. I normally get sneak peeks of all aspects of the day like pictures of The Dress and all the co-originating aspects allowing me to see her vision and create my pieces to highlight her vision. I feel truly honoured being asked to be involved in the happiest and most important day of the couples life. I love it.
Carly

  • What is your most favourite wedding theme at the moment?
I’m an old fashioned girl at heart and my favourite wedding theme is vintage I hope it is here to stay. So feminine and girly it is absolutely perfect for a wedding, and you can go as all out vintage as you want or just have aspects of vintage in your theme. The possibilities are endless.
Tara

  • Top wedding tip?
Always pick your dress before you think about jewellery and accessories, I know that may sound obvious but it is really important consider the neckline of your dress, the look you want and your own sense of style. Your wedding day is the day you want to be at your very best and you really want to be comfortable with what you are wearing. For example if you have never wore a headband in your life there is probably a reason for this so consider a gorgeous sparkly slide that your hairdresser can clip into whichever style you decide to go with for your hair.

  • What do you think the next big wedding trends might be?
As I said I hope vintage is here to stay I can see Hollywood glamour style dresses being big and colour wise as we are heading into the autumn I think it will be rich reds and oranges, fake fur wraps like the ones wrapor shrug do lots of opulence and gorgeousness
Lucia

  • Where can we find your fabulous company?
You can find Tiny-Gems on their fabulous website (go on have a peek, there's lots of goreous jewellery not just for weddings - I bet you find something you want!) or on Facebook or Twitter....


  • What are your plans for the future?
I plan to continue developing Tiny-Gems through the website, Twitter and Facebook and to would like to also continue expanding the shops that stock Tiny-Gems products. Most importantly I want to be involved with lots and lots of Weddings because it’s just so much fun. 

I'd like to say a massive thanks to Sarah for Sharing this with us - sending lots of 'sparkly' hugs your way!

Love Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts on this blog post! (But please do not advertise your own product or company it really is just bad manners!!)
Love Kate x