Welcome!

A
big sparkly hello and welcome to my blog! I design and make Wedding Stationery www.katelewisdesign.co.uk
My blog is a little bit 'higgledypiggledy' (and no doubt full of spelling mistakes) but I see this as my digital sketchbook - disorganised, but a little bit special! Within my blog there is a lot of wedding loveliness and plenty of fabulous things & people that I love!
I hope you enjoy my ramblings.......love Kate x

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Wedding Wonder of the Week: Ice The Cake


I am very excited to be introducing my very first Wedding Wonder of the Week; Sue Page from Ice The Cake. Not only does Sue have a great company (which continues to go from strength to strength) but she is a real gem of a girl and I am thrilled she has agreed to be my first Wedding Wonder!



  • Tell me a bit about yourself and Ice The Cake.
Ice The Cake is a new, exciting wedding consultancy offering every ingredient for the perfect wedding. I launched the company earlier this year after being inspired by my own wedding and our first event, a interactive wedding fayre in June, was a huge success.  The wedding industry is full of talented and creative small businesses who are more than capable of competing with the high street giants and we spend our time searching for them across the UK.  I am always looking for new and unique ideas and products for engaged couples to be able to incorporate in their days.
Ice The Cake

  • Are you married?
Yes.  I got married to my lovely husband at Woburn Abbey last Christmas in the snow and it was magical.

The gorgeous Sue on her wedding day
Looks like a perfect winter wedding!

  • What attracted you to working in the wedding industry?
I have been in the industry for a while working as a Bridal Make-up Artist but after our wedding I had the idea to start Ice the Cake and I haven’t looked back.  I love that you are involved in making a Bride and Grooms dreams come true.

  • What is your favourite part of working with bride & grooms (to-be)?
Nothing beats meeting Brides to be and sharing in their excitement.  You are helping them to find perfect elements to make their day completely personal and will create lifetime memories.


  • What is your most favourite wedding theme at the moment?
Like so many at the moment I love Vintage ~ afternoon tea, ice-creams, bunting and lots of pastels.  I think it is because it can be so versatile and is beautiful on any budget.  As an almost opposite I absolutely adore the Gothic style and found a lady who made the most amazing leather flowers when researching for my wedding. Ooh leather flowers now there's a thing....I must 'Google' that!

  • Top wedding tip?
Top Tip in the build up to the wedding - Become a Member of the Ice the Cake Club and let us help you to complete your perfect day.

Top tip for on the day itself - take some time out to be alone with your new husband/wife.  If you don’t plan it the day will fly by and you will hardly see each other.  Many couples have the car journey from the church to the reception venue.  However, as we got married in one location we didn’t have that opportunity.  Instead we opted for a ‘sweetheart’ table during the wedding breakfast (this is where the married couple sit on their own and the rest of the wedding party head up their own tables).  It worked brilliantly for us because we were still close enough to chat to our guests but we also had the opportunity to sit calmly and talk to each other. A great top tip - and a 'sweetheart' table oh how romantic, I love it!


  • What do you think the next big wedding trends might be?
I can see the Retro themes making a big statement.  Rock n Roll and carnival themes with mini fish and chips in paper cones, candy floss, and lots of vibrant colours. 

Since the Royal Wedding many Brides have opted for their Bridesmaids to be in ivory the same as Pippa Middleton, however another favourite of mine is having bridesmaids in different colours.  It can be as extreme as entire outfits or something as simple as different coloured shoes.

I also absolutely love ‘side tiaras’ they are stunning and I think they will become even more popular as time goes by.

As we are also heading towards end of year planning my personal favourite of Winter Wonderland has to be a prominent trend too.

  • Where can we find your fabulous company?
On our website www.icethecake.co.uk
You can also join us in person at our interactive wedding fayres.  They are free and give you more than just a list of exhibitors we aim to provide you with an experience:
9.10.11 – The Spread Eagle Hotel, Thame 10.30am – 3pm
13.11.11 – The Tally Ho Hotel, Bicester 10.30am – 3pm
Suppliers can join us at a FREE ‘tweet up’ in conjunction with Wedding Ideas Magazine on the evening of the 22nd September at The Tally Ho Hotel, Bicester.
You can also join Ice The Cake on Facebook or follow them on Twitter

  • What are your plans for the future?
We will be launching the elite Ice the Cake Club this Saturday and I am so excited!  The exclusive club will give both Bridal Parties and Wedding Suppliers a central place for advice and ideas.  With Free membership for Wedding Parties and fabulous benefits I hope it will be very inspirational!  In addition, we have also launched our own awards (nominations are still open) and we are also planning two more wedding fayres before the end of the Year. 
I'm chuffed that Kate Lewis Design has been 'nominated' 

‘I am so honoured to be your very first ‘Wedding Wonder of the Week’ and I wish you amazing luck with the blog’

All photos are taken by Leighpics.co.uk

I'd like to thank Sue for taking part in this and I'm sure you'll agree she really is a Wonder!
Love Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts on this blog post! (But please do not advertise your own product or company it really is just bad manners!!)
Love Kate x