Welcome!

A
big sparkly hello and welcome to my blog! I design and make Wedding Stationery www.katelewisdesign.co.uk
My blog is a little bit 'higgledypiggledy' (and no doubt full of spelling mistakes) but I see this as my digital sketchbook - disorganised, but a little bit special! Within my blog there is a lot of wedding loveliness and plenty of fabulous things & people that I love!
I hope you enjoy my ramblings.......love Kate x

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Wedding Wonder of the Week: Tamaryn's Treasures


Hello! I'm so excited to be featuring the most scrumptious company - and I mean scrumptious in every way! From their gorgeous vintage china hire to the yummy and 'oh-so' pretty sweetie tables, Tamaryn's Treasures is a real delight and I'm so pleased that they are my Wedding Wonder of the Week! I have had the great pleasure of working with Tamaryn on a few occasions this year and not only does she have a great company to top it off she is a fantastic girl........read for yourselves:

  • Tell me a bit about yourself and your company.
Tell me a bit about yourself and your company. I am 30 years old and have worked in the wedding industry for six years. I am creative and love everything to do with weddings! Tamaryn's Treasures hires out vintage china, candelabras, table plans, decorations and pretty much everything you can think of! We do sweetie tables and cupcakes and have a beautiful online boutique selling confetti, parasols, favours, decorations and of course... your fabulous stationery! (I am very lucky that Tamaryn sells Kate Lewis Design wedding stationery on her beautiful website!)











  • Are you married? If yes, will you share some of your details?
We got married last July in Mallorca. We have been going there for the last seven years and it was where Jeremy proposed to me. We were blessed to have 45 guests travel to our wedding.  The surroundings were very bright, green and luscious so to make it look weddingy (?) and stand out, I went for a very pale blush pink and lots of white. In response to Kate's question 'What did you love the most?' I would struggle to say really. I loved all of it so much. I remember being so excited the day before when everyone was arriving and everyone was in the best mood as they had just arrived on holiday! I adored our flowers so much. My husband said I didn't look at him when I was walking down the aisle because I was mesmerised by the flowers. I went for a style that I had never seen before and they were so personal to us and our wedding. When I see any of the flowers we used now it takes me back to that day. I loved our cake and wedding favours from Peggy Porschen... so much so that we drove our cake to Mallorca! I loved my lace and sparkly dress, my tiara, veil and shoes! I loved my bridesmaid dresses a lot too. They all looked so stunning. They designed the dresses themselves... I just chose the fabric and said it had to be knee length... the rest was up to them!












  • What attracted you to working in the wedding industry?
I just loved everything about it. I love being creative and organised. I love running my own business. I love flowers, stationery, cakes, wedding dresses and everything that goes with weddings. I'm still like a kid in a sweet shop looking through magazines and new products!

  • What is your favourite part of working with bride & grooms (to-be)?
When they are so happy on the day once they have seen everything set up and it looks just like (or better than!) they dreamed!

  • What is your most favourite wedding theme at the moment?
I'm definitely into the sweetie theme at the moment! Whenever I set up a sweetie table, everyone at the venue just goes mad for it and are so excited.. and they aren't even the guests! I love doing them with ornate jars and in vintage pinks... it's just so girly!

  • Top wedding tip?
Choose a company to do your decorations whose style you like... they will get your vision! A professional and creative company will help you make your venue look stunning whatever your budget. I love creating a reception that has a huge impact but it is even more satisfying when you've done it to a tight budget... I love a challenge!


  • What do you think the next big wedding trends might be?
Sweetie Trees for centre pieces! I love doing sweetie tables but I am even more excited to be starting sweetie trees. They look amazing and it is a great way to get guests to mingle as they go up to other tables to steal their sweets!


  • Where can we find your fabulous company?
www.tamarynstreasures.co.uk. We have offices in Alderley Edge, Cheshire; Sheffield and Harrogate, Yorkshire.
You can also find Tamaryn’s Treasures on Twitter and Facebook

  • What are your plans for the future?
Apart from the sweetie trees... just to continue with Tamaryn's Treasures. We only started less than a year ago and already have 40 weddings this year. All I want to do is see this keep growing and receive lots of stunning photos and comments from new brides!

I'd like to say a massive thanks to Tamaryn for taking the time to share all of this with us and for sending so many gorgeous photos! Anyone else feel the need to go and buy a huge bag of sweets now too??? 


Love Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts on this blog post! (But please do not advertise your own product or company it really is just bad manners!!)
Love Kate x