Welcome!

A
big sparkly hello and welcome to my blog! I design and make Wedding Stationery www.katelewisdesign.co.uk
My blog is a little bit 'higgledypiggledy' (and no doubt full of spelling mistakes) but I see this as my digital sketchbook - disorganised, but a little bit special! Within my blog there is a lot of wedding loveliness and plenty of fabulous things & people that I love!
I hope you enjoy my ramblings.......love Kate x

Friday 4 November 2011

Friday Feature! Diamonds & Daggers

Yippeeeee.......it's Friday!!!

I'm LOVING today's Friday Feature! I had been admiring the sparkly work of Diamonds& Daggers from afar on Twitter when one day we got Tweeting randomly about hiccups and citrus fruit.......which is a whole other story..........anyway it focused my attention on the gorgeousness of Diamonds& Daggers and I had to share with you all. So enjoy some sparkle on a grey Friday:


  • About you......who you are, what you like, what you don’t like…. Basically anything you want to share
Hello! My name is Hayley, I’m 23 and I have a rather large obsession with sparkles, tattoos, anything that contains leopard print and small dogs.







  • About your company......when, why and how you started, what your company does and why it does it best, where can we find you
I made my first ever crystal phone case, which was originally all Diamonds and Daggers sold, in the Christmas of 2009. I was looking for a Secret Santa present for a friend and couldn’t find what I was looking for, so after being inspired by Japanese decoden fashion I set about making her a crystal phone case with cupcakes all over it. She loved it and I put a picture of the phone case up on my Facebook page. It sparked a lot of interest and pretty soon I was getting a lot of enquiries from friends and family. I set up an Etsy shop and suddenly everything just took off. It was amazing. Since then I’ve expanded to included lots of different accessories and apparel.

There are lots of companies popping up now doing similar things to what we do, mainly after the success of The Only Way Is Essex. I believe we’re the best at what we do because we offer fair pricing (every crystal is set by hand and can take hours and hours to make one design) and we are honest. I’ve lost count of the amount of people passing off normal rhinestones as Swarovski Crystals. With us, you know what you’re going to get and I pride myself in my work and being able to do what I love. To find out more about Diamonds and Daggers you can visit our website at www.diamondsanddaggers.com or drop us a line to say hello at hello@diamondsanddaggers.com







  • What or who inspires you?
I know it sounds cheesy but my Mum inspires me. She worked hard as a single parent to give me the best she could and would teach me arts and crafts when I was younger. We did everything from t-shirt printing to flower pressing and pottery. I can honestly say that Diamonds and Daggers wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for her.

  • Top 3 on your wish list right now?

Christian Louboutin Daffodils
http://www.christianlouboutin.com/#/home













Forever21 Hello Kitty Geek Jumper
http://www.forever21.com














Apple iPhone 4S
http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/





  • Tell us your best/ funniest joke…………go on its Friday!
Oh god I really suck at jokes! OK here goes... 2 drunk men walk into a bar. The first man shouts at the second man “I SLEPT WITH YOUR MUM!”. The second man says “Go home Dad. You’re drunk.”

Awful, I know!

  • What do you have planned for this weekend?
I’ll be working on some crystal shoes. We’ve had lots of orders leading up to Christmas. I’ll also be baking up some new jewellery if my supplies arrive in time. No rest for the wicked!

  • Finally (thank Chrunchie) what give’s you that ‘Friday-Feeling’
A nice homecooked meal and rubbish TV :)


I’d like to say a massive THANK YOU to Hayley for letting me feature her gorgeous work. The world needs to be a sparklier place :)
We'd love your comments..........................

Have a fabulous, and safe, bonfire weekend!!!
Love Kate x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts on this blog post! (But please do not advertise your own product or company it really is just bad manners!!)
Love Kate x