Welcome!

A
big sparkly hello and welcome to my blog! I design and make Wedding Stationery www.katelewisdesign.co.uk
My blog is a little bit 'higgledypiggledy' (and no doubt full of spelling mistakes) but I see this as my digital sketchbook - disorganised, but a little bit special! Within my blog there is a lot of wedding loveliness and plenty of fabulous things & people that I love!
I hope you enjoy my ramblings.......love Kate x

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Wedding Wonder of the Week! Carlton Adkins Wedding Photography


Today's Wedding Wonder of the Week is a very fabulous photographer, Carlton Adkins. I 'met' Carlton on Twitter following his fashion photography and only recently discovered he is also brings his camera-genius to Wedding Photography too! So having discovered his involvement in the wedding industry I just had to feature Carlton as a Wedding Wonder!


  • Tell me a bit about yourself and your company.

I have been a photographer for 15 years mainly in the fashion industry my website www.carltonphotography.co.uk. About 10 years ago I felt wedding photography changed, in my opinion for the better with the “reportage style” which was more my style and since then I haven’t looked back.  I take a lot of my style from what I know as a fashion photographer and mix it up with documentary style photography, very little  is posed as I find a lot of brides to be (and grooms) are not comfortable with posing and they don’t want all their time taken up on the day by a bossy photographer (which I’m not by the way…)


  • Are you married?
    • If yes: will you share some of your details?
Yes I’ve been married 10 years this june which may have had some influence me deciding to also go into the wedding business.


  • What attracted you to working in the wedding industry?
I get a great deal of satisfaction from shooting a wedding as you can be faced with anything rain, wind or shine it’s a challenge I thrive on  and when they come to pick up their album it’s always great to see a happy client.


  • What is your favourite part of working with bride & grooms (to-be)?
Pretty much all of it from the first meeting to handing over the wedding album, I enjoy building up a relationship with them before as I feel this is the most important thing to get the images that I do on the day.


  • What is your most favourite wedding theme at the moment?
Not really got a favourite each wedding is unique to me as something different happens on each and it’s never quite the same which Is probably why I enjoy photographing them so much.


  • Top wedding tip?
From my point of view is enjoy it take time to take it all in as it goes so fast.

  
  • Where can we find your fabulous company? 


twitter: @carltonphoto



  • What are your plans for the future?
As well as wedding photography on the day I am planning to introduce a studio shoot post wedding like a fashion shoot if you like, as a stand alone optional package, with make up and hair etc.


I hope you've enjoyed these fabulous images from Carlton Adkins - it is so true that a picture tells a thousand words and never more so than to re-live your wedding day! Please take time to check out Carlton's website.

Love Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts on this blog post! (But please do not advertise your own product or company it really is just bad manners!!)
Love Kate x