Welcome!

A
big sparkly hello and welcome to my blog! I design and make Wedding Stationery www.katelewisdesign.co.uk
My blog is a little bit 'higgledypiggledy' (and no doubt full of spelling mistakes) but I see this as my digital sketchbook - disorganised, but a little bit special! Within my blog there is a lot of wedding loveliness and plenty of fabulous things & people that I love!
I hope you enjoy my ramblings.......love Kate x

Friday 7 October 2011

Friday Feature! Bean & Brush

Happy Friday!


I'm so excited to be sharing today's Friday Feature, who I only recently discovered on Twitter and I cannot wait to find time to visit, have a coffee (and maybe a cake) and paint a mug!!!! I give you: Bean & Brush..............



  • About you......who you are, what you like, what you don’t like…. Basically anything you want to share…..
My name is Michelle Starling born in England and raised in the suburbs of Chicago where my love for all things independent began.  Away from all the brash lights of the main drag, the small towns away from the city I discovered the very best in independent cafes, coffee shops & ice cream parlours.  These places where rich with character and menus that were a delight to read.  These independent eating/meeting places often doubled up as other businesses, garage, gallery, boutique and book stores.  I suppose this is the inspiration behind the Bean & Brush Family Art Cafe - a place to meet, eat, chat or be creative!



  • About your company......when, why and how you started, what your company does and why it does it best?
The company behind the Bean & Brush is Blue Maze Ltd, run by my husband Graham Starling and our friend and business partner Keith Finnegan.  We also run the Laser Quest at the Trafford Centre so definitely have experience when it comes to birthday parties and having a good time.  We bought and renovated the old sorting office in Sale, Cheshire in 2010 and the Bean & Brush Family Art Cafe was formed.


  • What or who inspires you?
We are inspired by people who run their own businesses and stay true to what they believe in.

  • Top 3 on your wish list right now?
Top 3 on my wish list right now are; more hours in the day, more wine in the fridge and more sunny days (the latter is definitely coming true) at least it was last week when Michelle sent me this, now I fear winter is well and truly upon us!



  • Tell us your best/ funniest joke…………go on its Friday!
Coffee joke for a Friday;  Wife says to Hubby "This coffee tastes like dirt", hubby says to wife "Not surprising, it was just ground this morning!"  Bad, I know, sorry.
This coffee looks scrumptious!!!

  • What do you have planned for this weekend?
Plans for this weekend; doing the kids carboot at Sale High School and trying to sell more than we buy!!

You can find out more about the Bean & Brush Family Art Cafe at www.beanandbrush.co.uk 

Follow us on facebook & twitter.  

New winter menu coming later this month!


I'd like to say a huge thanks to Michelle for taking the time to share a bit about her background and the amazing Bean & Brush. I hope anyone is the Sale area will go and check out this gorgeous looking place - would love your feedback!

Have a great Friday & weekend.

Love Kate x



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts on this blog post! (But please do not advertise your own product or company it really is just bad manners!!)
Love Kate x