Welcome!

A
big sparkly hello and welcome to my blog! I design and make Wedding Stationery www.katelewisdesign.co.uk
My blog is a little bit 'higgledypiggledy' (and no doubt full of spelling mistakes) but I see this as my digital sketchbook - disorganised, but a little bit special! Within my blog there is a lot of wedding loveliness and plenty of fabulous things & people that I love!
I hope you enjoy my ramblings.......love Kate x

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Wedding Wonder of the Week: James Russell Photography

A sunny good morning all!

I'm super excited to be sharing this week's "Wedding Wonder of the Week" with you, may I introduce James Russell who is (in my opinion) one of the best photographers around. We chose James to be our wedding photographer back in 2009 as I totally connected with his work and loved the way he used angles, perspective and a mix or formal and informal to capture the most fabulous images. I was 100% sure James would give us the best photos from our special day - and oh boy we were NOT disappointed. 
One of James photos from my wedding!

So I will let you read on.........

  • Tell me a bit about yourself and your company.
JAMES RUSSELL PHOTOGRAPHY

WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER





I live in Macclesfield with Lindsey my wonderful wife and marketing guru of James Russell Photography. I just love taking photos for a living and when I’m not working for someone else I’m usually taking shots for myself or tinkering in Photoshop. It all stemmed from a love of art and a trip to Hong Kong where I put down the paint brush and picked up a camera – I’ve never looked back.

What else? Well I’m trying to get back into cycling after years of laying off. It’s hurting but good fun.

  • I know you're married to the lovely Lindsey, but will you share some of your details?
We’ve been married 16 years and it’s gone in a flash. We got married at the tiniest of churches at Marthall, just outside Knutsford, followed by a bash at Mere Golf and Country Club -  a wonderful day full of great memories. I still enjoy looking back at our wedding photos. Initially we lived in the wilds of Accrington in Lancashire but soon moved to Macclesfield which we love.

  • What attracted you to working in the wedding industry?


I love all the different genres of photography, but wedding photography is special. There’s only one chance to get it right and that keeps me on my toes. It’s the biggest family occasion of anyone’s life, probably one of the few times all your family and friends will be together at the same time. Big occasions need photographing and it’s a real honour to be asked to record such a momentous day.




  • What is your favourite part of working with bride & grooms (to-be)?
It’s a real pleasure to be involved in any wedding. For the first couple of hours of their married life the bride and groom see more of me than anyone else. It’s a great joy to share their happiness and make sure I capture those memories, so they can return to them time and time again when they look at their photos.



  • What is your most favourite wedding theme at the moment?
I love a winter wedding and if you get snow and crisp sunlight, it’s perfect!

  • Top wedding tip?
Plan things well but don’t worry too much about all the details; go with the flow and enjoy the day.

  • What do you think the next big wedding trends might be?
There has been a general progression away from formal posed shots to a more natural style over the last few years. I hope this continues and develops more; I like photographing people how they are and being themselves. Storybook albums are becoming very popular and I’ve now added these to my repertoire, I love this method of displaying my photos to show how the day unfolds.

  • Where can we find your fabulous company?
I’m just a phone call away – 01625 612888 or take a look at my website www.wedding-photographer-cheshire.com

James is also on Twitter (though you need to 'Tweet' more James!) you can also find Lindsey Tweeting away too on behalf of James Russell Photograph@lindseyruss1 she's one to follow!

  • What are your plans for the future?
To carry on taking photos and pushing myself to keep being creative.

And I may buy a new bike!

I'd like to say a huge thanks to James for sharing all this with us - I hope you'll agree he really is a Wedding Wonder. James is a truly lovely guy and I can't recommend him enough. If you're getting married - book him!

It goes without saying, but just to be sure, all photographs on this post are courtesy of James Russell Photography.

Love Kate x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna, glad you like them. And thanks to Kate too for featuring me...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts on this blog post! (But please do not advertise your own product or company it really is just bad manners!!)
Love Kate x