Welcome!

A
big sparkly hello and welcome to my blog! I design and make Wedding Stationery www.katelewisdesign.co.uk
My blog is a little bit 'higgledypiggledy' (and no doubt full of spelling mistakes) but I see this as my digital sketchbook - disorganised, but a little bit special! Within my blog there is a lot of wedding loveliness and plenty of fabulous things & people that I love!
I hope you enjoy my ramblings.......love Kate x

Friday 26 August 2011

Friday Feature! Welly Fest

Happy Friday Everyone!


I'm sooooo excited to be sharing Welly Fest as my Friday Feature today! If you're in the Macclesfield, Leek, Rushton Spencer area you HAVE to come along - I'm going and can't wait!



  • About Welly Fest......what is Welly Fest......when, why and how it started, where can we find more details? Website, twitter facebook etc……
Welly Fest originated as a beer festival with music 3 years ago.

We had a free slot in our weekend programme of charity events so in conjunction with Wincle Beer Co I arranged a few of my friend’s bands to play and organised it in 2 weeks. It was fantastic! Over 500 people turned up, and there was an amazing atmosphere. Everyone seemed to appreciate the range of beers that we had sourced.

The Next year we re-titled it Welly Fest as the weather wasn’t too kind for us, and added more bands to turn it into a beer and music festival. The number of bands wanting to play was overwhelming.

This year Welly Fest will be bigger and better than ever, and is now Staffordshire Moorland’s BIGGEST beer festival with over 40 barrels of beer plus ciders and perrys! For more info check out www.facebook.com/wellyfestuk www.twtitter.com/wellyfestuk or www.wellyfest.org.uk 

  • When is Welly Fest? And what time can we be there? (with our wellies of course)

It all kicks off this Sunday (Sunday 28th August) 4pm-10pm at Heaton House Farm. (on the A543 between Leek and Macclesfield) Don’t forget your wellies!


  • What fantastic bands will be playing?
We have some fantastic local bands! Mozart’s Go-karts, Cash 4 Chaos, Hot Vestry, Simple Confessions, One Room House, Robin Pierce Band and Mystery Creatures.

  • What else will be going on?
Apart from the beer and music, there is also a Tug-o-War competition, along with Segwaying and Zorbing – which I defiantly recommend trying – so much fun!!!

  • Tell us a bit about you…go on! (what you like, don’t like, favourite things, why you love Welly Fest, etc)
The reasons why I love Welly Fest is because it gives a different opportunity for local talent to showcase themselves. One of the bands that played last year managed to get on to a BBC radio station! I also love watching people laughing and enjoying themselves.

  • Top 3 Welly Fest things you’re looking forward to?
Wellies, Beer and Music of course!

  • Tell us your best/ funniest joke…………go on its Friday!
What did the hat say to the scarf?
"You hang around - I'll go on ahead."

  • Aside from Welly Fest what else do you have planned for this weekend?
Saturday we are holding a brand new event called ‘Big Tent Event’ (www.bigtentevent.org.uk) featuring a TV comedian, and lots of fantastic talent and on the Bank Holiday Monday a Country Fayre and Farm Fun Day (www.countryfayre.org.uk) which attracts approx 8,000 people. The 3 events make up a charity weekend in aid of Cancer Research UK, Midlands Air Ambulance, Donna Louise Trust, East Cheshire Hospice and RHSA.

  • Finally (thank Chrunchie) what give’s you that ‘Friday-Feeling’?
Getting phone calls of my friends inviting me out. Some of the best nights are last minute ones.

Thanks so much to Sarah for letting us know all about Welly Fest - I hope some of you are inspired to come along I'm sure it will be a fantastic day!
See you there - don't forget your wellies.......

Love Kate x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts on this blog post! (But please do not advertise your own product or company it really is just bad manners!!)
Love Kate x